Summer often gives us more free time, which makes it a great time to try new things, activities, and programs for your little ones. ABC Pediatrics offers Autism camps during the day all year long. But summer is a great time to try it out, especially if your little one does well in class environments and misses it during vacation months.
We also offer home services if Autism day camps are a bit much for your schedule, but you would still like support services. Our home services help families from right within their own homes and are a huge support for both your child and you.
Learn more below!
Autism Day Camps
If you are looking for a fun and educational activity for your little one this summer, then speak with us about our Autism camps all through the summer (and school year).
Our camps run daily from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm and have programs for all ages, from preschool through school-aged children, we have a program that will fit with your goals and your child’s needs.
Our Autism day camps are community-based programs that provide your child with fun and social ways to learn generalized skills, such as:
- Social skills
- Appropriate social skills
- Frustration tolerance
- Pragmatic thinking
- Flexible thinking
- Sensory tools
- And much, much more!
These skills are easily transferred to daily situations that they may come upon at school or their daily lives. We try to offer a wide variety of skills and activities at our camps so your child will experience varied activities and lessons every day, while still holding to a structure they know and expect.
Our camps are structured with scheduled activities that imitate a classroom setting and community settings, so they can excel in each. Our schedule always includes breakfast, lunch, walks, rest time and motor skill activities, as well as social play and sensory work for those who need it.
Our mission for our Autism day camps is to empower your family and our children to move mountains, and we are honored that your family and our community have enabled us to continue this amazing journey and provide day camps throughout the year. Learn about alternative Autism summer camps here.
Did you know that ABC Pediatrics provides home services in the Dallas – Fort Worth areas? Our home services are always run by an experienced behavior technician that will come directly to your house for therapy with your family and little one.
Our home services focus on skills like:
- Visual performance
- Motor skills
- Alternatives to challenging behaviors
Our behavior analysts will help equip your child on how to deal with different or difficult situations like haircuts, dental appointments, and more, as well as working with you to reach the goals that are unique to your family.
All of our home services are overseen by a board-certified behavior analyst (BCBA) which will make personalized recommendations for treatment, provide parent/caretaker training and help guide your behavior therapist to best reach your goals.
No two families or situations are the same, which is why we’ve made our home programs for children of all skill levels and needs, and why we tailor each service specifically to your family.
We have three home service models:
- Intensive Model – this model offers the highest level of therapy
- 5 to 6 hours of monthly supervision from a BCBA
- 5 to 6 hours of weekly program updates from a BCBA
- 20 to 30 hours of weekly therapy implementation from a behavior therapist
- Focused Care Model – this model offers 2 to 4 hours of monthly parent training from a BCBA
- 5 to 6 hours of weekly program updates
- 6 to 15 hours of weekly focused care therapy from a behavior therapist
- Parents will take a more active role in managing the child’s day to day
- This program is for children who have had ABA services in the past and who may need support for generalization and maintaining the success of acquired skills
- Parent Support Model – this model features 1 to 2 monthly visits from a BCBA
- This model attends to the parent only by discussing parent training, acquisition of targeted skills and generalization of goals to various environments
- This program is for children and families who have completed the Focused Care model.
We offer extended hours for our home services:
- 9:00am-7:00pm Monday-Friday (excluding holidays)
- Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm*
Contact ABC Pediatrics for More Information
If you’re interested in learning more about our Autism camps or our home services for your family and little one this summer, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (972) 410-5297 or fill out our contact form here.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly. We can’t wait to meet you.